Hey guys, We are D’Elixir Unisex Salon & Spa In Patna. In Today’s post, we are going to explain keratin hair treatment and many more. Our keratin hair treatment was famous in Patna & our keratin treatment result was awesome.
Hair is an important part of our personality. Hair health is also affected by pollution, lifestyle changes, and dietary disturbances. Chemical-rich shampoos make up for the right deficiency, which we use unknowingly in our hair. As a result, the natural keratin present in our hair gradually wears out and the hair appears dry and lifeless. Its treatment is hidden in a keratin treatment. So what’s the delay, let’s know about what is keratin treatment, its advantages, and disadvantages.
What is a keratin hair treatment?
Keratin is a protein found in hair, nails, and skin, due to which our hair becomes straight, wavy, or curly. Keratin gives shine to the hair. But due to pollution, excessive exposure to sunlight, and the use of too many chemicals, keratin gets eliminated from our hair. This not only affects the shine of the hair, it also starts looking dry and lifeless. Nowadays, the concept of restoring this natural protein in the hair has become common. This is called keratin treatment, if you are in Patna then visit D’Elixir Unisex Salon & Spa.
Keratin treatment involves applying a cream containing formaldehyde (a chemical that releases formaldehyde) to the hair. Then the hair is left for some time. The hair is then ironed in a dry and flat manner. Due to the heat, compression, and formaldehyde from the iron, the keratin bonds to the hair. As a result, your curly or wavy hair becomes very straight and relaxed.
Types Of Keratin Treatment
There are different types of keratin treatments, which are adapted according to the needs of your hair. Let us know about them one by one.
1. Brazilian keratin treatment
This keratin treatment leaves your hair smooth. It maintains the volume of the hair. It is best for people with very curly hair. This treatment is applied to the hair, after which the hair is blow-dried. The hair is then compressed with a flat iron to ensure that the treatment seals well into your hair. The whole process takes about an hour. The effect of treatment lasts for three to six months. No formaldehyde is used in a Brazilian keratin treatment.
2. Soft Keratin Treatment
The soft keratin treatment leaves the hair soft and smooth. It makes the hair smooth but maintains its frizz. This treatment is done on fine or medium-textured hair. It is applied from root to tip of the hair. The entire treatment is then sealed into the hair using a blow-dryer and ceramic flat iron. It remains effective for about two months.
3. Japanese Keratin Treatment
This treatment is made by combining a Brazilian keratin treatment and a treatment used to straighten Japanese hair. This treatment lasts about five months longer than the Brazilian treatment for all hair types.
First, Brazilian keratin is applied to the hair and sealed with a blow dryer and ceramic flat iron. After this, the Japanese straightening perm is applied to the hair with the help of a comb. An hour later when it sets, the hair is washed and dried again. This treatment takes three to four hours.
4. Keratin Express
Use of this treatment is useful for people who have wavy or straight hair and tend to get frizzy due to moisture. It is applied to hair as a serum and sealed with a blow dryer and ceramic flat iron. This treatment is less effective than other treatments.
List Of Foods Containing Keratin
Keratin forms the building blocks in the human body. Keratins are tough proteins that make up the structure of epithelial cells. These cells line surfaces inside and outside the body and helps build tissues in the skin, hair, and nails. Although nowadays keratin is being applied to the hair through many treatments, it is important to pay attention to the diet as well. Some of the foods from which your body can get keratin and which are also easily available in the market are,
- Sunflower seeds
- After Care
How We Care Our Hair After Keratin Treatment
Hair needs special care for the next few days after keratin treatment. Let’s know about them.
- Avoid using cheap shampoos for hair, as they are high in sulfates and sodium chloride (salt). The presence of these elements removes the natural oils from your hair and scalp. That is why it is important that you wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Do not use clarifying shampoos. These are great for pre-keratin treatments, as they remove hair residue. Using this type of shampoo after keratin treatment removes keratin from the hair faster. Because of this, your treatment gets spoiled quickly. That’s why it is important to use shampoos with low pH.
- If you want your treatment to last for a long time, then it is important not to wash the hair again and again. Keratin treatment is not permanent, so it is important to wash your hair at regular intervals. This makes the treatment last longer. Nowadays the trend of dry shampoo is also enough, you can also consult an expert about them.
- Don’t touch your hair too much. By touching the hair, again and again, it becomes oily and if the hair becomes oily, then it feels like washing them. Don’t even try to change them too much. Keep your hair straight.
- Do not style your hair for about 2 weeks. Don’t make a ponytail at all. The keratin treatment will last as long as you keep your hair down and straight.
- Some other things also need to be kept in mind. like-
- Do not put a hairband on your hair for the first two weeks after the treatment. This will keep the hair in the same design and it can also become curly at some places.
- Keratin is flexible in the first week and takes some time to set. During this, if you twist your hair more or give a hairstyle, then the hair can be affected.
- Similarly, do not put glasses on your hair. Do not apply a clip to the hair. This can lead to the problem of breakage in the hair.
7. Do not take your hair behind the ears. This can lead to the formation of folds in the hair.
8. If you go to the gym, avoid going to the gym for about two weeks after taking the keratin treatment, because excessive exercise causes sweating and if this happens, then you will feel the need to wash the hair, which is absolutely necessary for this treatment in the beginning not good.
Keratin Treatment Advantages and disadvantages
Keratin treatment has both advantages and disadvantages. Let’s get to know them one by one.
- Keratin treatment is suitable for all hair types. Whether your hair is curly, previously colored, wavy or artificially straightened, everyone can take a keratin treatment.
- Unlike treatments like relaxing and straightening hair, keratin treatments do not cause permanent damage to your hair. Your hair may return to the same condition after two or three months or earlier and it largely depends on your diet and hair care.
- Styling the hair becomes very easy after this treatment. There is no need to apply too much product to the hair, due to which there is no risk of damage by chemicals.
- No matter how frizzy or frizzy your hair is, this treatment leaves hair straight, smooth and looking better.
- After keratin treatment, there is no need for many products for hair care. To make the look last longer, you only need a sulfate-free shampoo, which you will easily find.
- Keratin is a natural chemical found in hair, teeth and nails. But the keratin, which is applied to the hair during treatment, is artificially created and can irritate the skin and eyes.
- Keratin treatment is quite expensive. Although after adopting it, there is no hassle of hair care, but the cost of treatment becomes out of the budget of many people.
- It is effective for a short time. That is, if you want your hair smooth and straight forever, then this treatment will have to be done again in about three months. Otherwise your hair will come in its natural mode.
- While this chemical is safe and effective, the treatment requires a safe, well-experienced stylist. If the stylist has messed up a little, then the hair can also get damaged due to exposure of the hair with more chemicals.
- Pregnant women are advised not to treat their hair as it can affect their health and that of their baby. Keratin treatments contain formaldehyde, a chemical that also poses health concerns for stylists.
Q.1. Is keratin is harmful for hair?
The natural keratin that is found in our hair, nails, and skin and due to which our hair is straight, wavy or curly, is beneficial for hair. The keratin applied during keratin treatment is prepared artificially. If it is not applied by an experienced stylist, then it can be harmful to the hair. The formaldehyde found in it can also affect the health of both the person taking the treatment and the person taking the treatment.
Q.2. Can keratin cause hair loss?
The natural keratin present in the hair gets depleted from hair due to today’s pollution-filled life, excessive exposure to sunlight, and the use of chemical-rich shampoos. Because of this, the risk of hair loss increases.
Q.3. Does keratin change hair colour?
If you have never applied any dye or hair color and you treat keratin properly, your hair color will not change and you will get the best results from this treatment.
The beauty of a keratin treatment is that it can be used on all hair types. Due to pollution and wrong products, people lose the natural keratin of their hair. In such a situation, this treatment returns the shine to the hair again. But it should be adopted only after expert advice. Make sure to check the qualifications of the hairstylist from whom you are going to take this treatment, otherwise, one wrong step can damage your hair.